You might have already prepared your Valentine's Day present for your loved one. (If not, still not too late to login to our Pica LéLa website for shopping:-)
Having a headache trying to book a table for Valentine's Day dinner? Why not consider to prepare a homemade meal? The Pica LéLa team have selected some homemade dishes below for you to try!
- 1 (8 ounce) pack angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Prep: 15mins Cook: 10mins Ready in: 25mins
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Stir in pasta and return pot to boil. Cook until al dente. Drain well.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in garlic and shrimp. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in wine and pepper. Bring to the boil and cook for 30 seconds while stirring constantly.
- Mix shrimp with drained pasta in a serving bowl. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.
You can also buy some fresh prawns and make a heart shaped prawns dish as the entree. Cute right!?
Photo source (left): http://www.faktwerk.de/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/shutterstock_245672263_bearb.jpg (right): https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/shrimp-white-heart-shape-isolated-40408644.jpg
Filet Mignon Steak with Rich Balsamic Glaze
Photo source: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/30578/filet-mignon-with-rich-balsamic-glaze/?internalSource=hn_carousel%2003_Filet%20Mignon%20with%20Rich%20Balsamic%20Glaze&referringId=1401&referringContentType=recipe%20hub&referringPosition=carousel%2003
- 2 (4 ounce) filet mignon steaks
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
Prep: 5mins Cook: 15mins Ready in: 20mins
- Sprinkle freshly ground pepper over both sides of each steak, and sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place steaks in hot pan, and cook for 1 minute on each side, or until browned. Reduce heat to medium-low, and add balsamic vinegar and red wine. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, basting with sauce when you turn the meat over.
- Remove steaks to two warmed plates, spoon one tablespoon of glaze over each, and serve immediately.
Photo source: http://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=w8Centrd&id=B62B50E30210ADFC4B7BFB6360CD1817B6382347&q=heart+shape+steak&simid=608046372648256161&selectedIndex=13&ajaxhist=0
Here are some other heart shaped dishes for you too!
Heart shaped salmon & pizza
Photo source (left): http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-H6b8IerCY8o/TzcaWYLNeKI/AAAAAAAABmI/SytayVPaLlE/s320/Fish+is+good+for+you...it%27s+that+simple.jpg
Heart shaped fruit skewers:
Photo source: https://a.dilcdn.com/bl/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2013/2/fruit-heart-arrows.jpg
Wishing you all a great Valentine's Day next week :)
Recipe source: http://allrecipes.com
Leave a comment