Thinking of a homemade Valentine's Day dinner? Pica LéLa have some ideas for you
You might have already prepared your Valentine's Day present for your loved one. (If not, still not too late to login to our Pica LéLa website for shopping:-)
Having a headache trying to book a table for Valentine's Day dinner? Why not consider to prepare a homemade meal? The Pica LéLa team have selected some homemade dishes below for you to try!
- 1 (8 ounce) pack angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Prep: 15mins Cook: 10mins Ready in: 25mins
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Stir in pasta and return pot to boil. Cook until al dente. Drain well.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in garlic and shrimp. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in wine and pepper. Bring to the boil and cook for 30 seconds while stirring constantly.
- Mix shrimp with drained pasta in a serving bowl. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.
You can also buy some fresh prawns and make a heart shaped prawns dish as the entree. Cute right!?
Filet Mignon Steak with Rich Balsamic Glaze
Photo source: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/30578/filet-mignon-with-rich-balsamic-glaze/?internalSource=hn_carousel%2003_Filet%20Mignon%20with%20Rich%20Balsamic%20Glaze&referringId=1401&referringContentType=recipe%20hub&referringPosition=carousel%2003
- 2 (4 ounce) filet mignon steaks
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
Prep: 5mins Cook: 15mins Ready in: 20mins
- Sprinkle freshly ground pepper over both sides of each steak, and sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place steaks in hot pan, and cook for 1 minute on each side, or until browned. Reduce heat to medium-low, and add balsamic vinegar and red wine. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, basting with sauce when you turn the meat over.
- Remove steaks to two warmed plates, spoon one tablespoon of glaze over each, and serve immediately.
Here are some other heart shaped dishes for you too!
Heart shaped salmon & pizza
Heart shaped fruit skewers:
Wishing you all a great Valentine's Day next week :)
Recipe source: http://allrecipes.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Pica LéLa Lifestyle - Behind the Scenes, Life in Sydney and Pica LéLa's Travels.
10 Tips on how to de-stress this festive season from Pica LéLa
As we have now well and truly arrived in holiday season and Christmas Day looms ever closer, a lot of people would agree that the festive season brings strain and stress along with the cheer and joy. So take a little time to read our tips on how you can reduce the added burden of dealing with stress this season.